Floor mats may seem like ordinary objects you place at your entrance to let customers wipe their feet when they come in. However, their function is more than serving merely as dirt trappers. Commercial indoor floor mats must be chosen with safety, protection, your establishment’s interior design, and the personality or image of your brand in mind. Here are tips that can help you choose the right commercial indoor floor mats:
- Aim for high-quality floor mats – Make sure they are designed for commercial purposes. This means they should be able to withstand heavy foot-traffic, while minimizing the dirt that enters your establishment.
- Find mats that suit your business’s needs – Some commercial indoor floor mats come with contamination control, which may be useful if you are running a hospitality service, or if you need them for clean rooms. Your business’s needs also help identify the best materials for your floor mats. If you need durable mats, you may prefer mats made from carpet, rubber, or plastic.
- Determine the benefits of the mat’s materials – Some mats are made of PVC plastic with carpet as durable backing. These are often sold in various neutral and classic colors, which can add a sophisticated touch to your establishment.
- Consider rubber mats – Eco-friendly recycled rubber is a great material for commercial indoor floor mats because they are sustainable, durable, and reasonably priced.
- Try mats with simple designs – Consider commercial indoor floor mats in black or in any timeless, versatile color that can easily go with your interiors.
- Make sure the mat matches your interiors – The architecture, style, and design of your interiors represents your brand. Choose a commercial indoor floor mat that remains consistent with your existing décor. Your mat should complement your business’s interior design rather than distract from the key elements in your establishment.